Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mermaids On The Town--The Hamptons.



Peace Out, City Living!  (for a month anyway...)
I'm pretty much doing back flips about being a Mermaid living in the Hamptons during the month of June.  It's one of my favorite places in the world.






I first started coming out here about 10 years ago and was hooked upon first sight of Windmills and Farm Stands.  Of course, the Hamptons offers so much more (and at a price!) but, even beyond the lavishly-loved lawns and gardens, the perfect East Coast beaches, extraordinary restaurants and art galleries, there truly is something 'other-worldly' about this series of hamlets.  Where just 2/12 hours later, you are no longer beating along in the tiger-pulse of NYC but are transported to a new land of lush retreat, hydrangeas and real estate-eye candy.


This past weekend, one of my best Mermaids, Stefi, was visiting, and we did some exploring. I wanted to show her one of my all-time favorite "take-me-to-a-happy-place" places - East Hampton Point.  (www.easthamptonpoint.com) I have looked at this spot many times as a potential event location (they do beautiful weddings!) and it also services as a hotel and restaurant.

We decided to sit on the dock of the bay and start our weekend with a cocktail and canapes, the perfect way to kick off the day.


After our Seaside stop, we did a little shopping in East Hampton Village.  Stefi couldn't resist popping into a charming little toy shop to look for a souvenir for her 3-year old.   I then forced her to to be photographed in front of her "namesake" store.


After an hour or two of window shopping, we walked through to the end of the village to dinner.  A friend had recommended we reserve a table at a restaurant called Race Lane.  It's sort of a hidden hot spot behind the train station in East Hampton.

We were NOT disappointed.  We shared the freshest Burrata and heirloom tomato salad followed by a perfectly cooked filet drizzled with a blueberry vodka sauce.  An interesting and dee-lish pairing!  The wine list was well curated and although we passed on dessert, the choices were beautiful!


I loved the decor at Race Lane, some of the doors were built to resemble white wood stable doors, there was a cozy fireplace and a great "secret garden" area for dining al Fresco.  Hop to it for a reservation @ www.racelanerestaurant.com.

After all that eating and drinking--we woke up early the next morning to try the new Soul Cycle studio in East Hampton. This was my first class (Stefi is a regular in the city and persuaded me I could "do it".)  Not only did I do it, I loved it!   It's like a spiritual spin class!  There are these great uplifting quotes on the walls and the instructor played an amazing soundtrack with the lights dimmed really low and candles lit in front of the bikes.  I'm definitely going back next week! (soul-cycle.com.)


Tomorrow, we will take you on a little window-shopping spree, East Hampton-style.  

Celebrate and swim lightly!

XO






No comments: